Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam x6 will not install

faden

i am having a problem with getting mastercam x6 to install on windows 7 when i try to install it says error 160 can not locate network ocation for mcam6 shared files all the reserch syas it is a regertery error but no one can tell me what we are looking for are hw to fix the problem i know that it work on windows 7 i have it installed on a laptop with windows 7 pro 64bit when we compare regitries from one computer to another every thing looks right and our it department is of no help so can some one help me asap thanks for any help that you can give we are about to get rid of this new computer and go back to what we was using but that idea does not suit me because the old computer just can not keep up

Are you trying to install X6 and not an MU patch first?

If so, do you have the x64 version? and not the x86 version as you've indicated you're on a 64 bit computer

It sounds like it was previously installed on that system, and likely updated from a network location

At this point, you likely either have a registry issue or an installer issue.

Have you run all of the windows updates? Do they install OK?

If you go into control panel and look at the installed programs, does it show Mastercam?