Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe- Bar pull

In ver X6, How are you handling a bar pull ? Does the new feature in the MIsc Ops work? My post is going to be updated for this feature

I hand wrote a code to do the work but I cant verify a Manual Entry or the tool. Point to point?

Just wondering as the bar feeder won't hold the tolerance for a push.

Machineguy

I have been playing with "pick/pull/cut off" for some of our dual spindle work. I'm not sure if I'm using it right, but it seems to at least give me the numbers I need. I don't have a post set up yet so I have to edit the code a bit. To make it work, you have to define left and right chuck jaws in the properties tab under the machine group. i would guess that for a bar feeder, you would use stock advance.

THe bar feeder works great for material that needs to be feed at the beginning of a program. It does't work when you do the face op, drill, bore, then push the material, and then finish the OD and part off. It exceeds the tolerance of the finished part requirements. A bar feeder will hold +/-.005. Not good for this type of job.

The puller can hold less then .001" because the turrent is doing the work. All you need to do is put a loop counter in the program for the # of parts per length of mateial.

Machineguy

I use lathe stock advance. I use the reference points on the first tab to set my approach and final retract. Then I used stock position to set start pull position and end pull position. I uncheck transfer geometry. I leave tool positioning to push stock and use tool stop checked and have stock clearance with something other than zero. My post modified to work with those numbers. The section of the post is below. I can't remember if other changes were made in the post.

pstck_bar_fd$ #NCI code = 902 available variables:

#stck_spindle, stck_op, stck_clear,

#stck_grip, stck_init_z, stck_final_z,

#stck_chuk_st_z, stck_chuk_st_x,

#stck_chuk_end_z, stck_chuk_end_x,

#stck_adv_fr, stck_appr_fr

if stck_op$ <> 1, # if NOT using the 'Tool Stop option'

[

if toolchng <> two, ptoolend$

toolend_flg = zero #Do not execute ptoolend again after xfer

]

else,