Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New OKUMA Genos 560

Hello,

Just about purchasing New OKUMA Genos 560 with control OSP P200m

I have bunch of questions to someone who using this type of machine or similar.

1 What type gauging probe you recommend to buy

a) OMP40

B) OMP 400VA

c) OMP700 VA

What is "manual gauging" on this machine ?

What is "MARPOSS GAUGING INTERFACE" ?

What is User Task3?

Thank you in Advance

1. I would just just go with an OMP40, The OMP400 is a higher strain probe (more accurate probe trigger) Unless you are going to do regular laser/ball bar checks and want to probe to five place decimal the OMP40 should be fine.

2. Manual gauging is an option that allows you to manually handwheel the probe until you see it trigger, then record points and do automatic calculations. It has some nice features for inspection. You can measure hole to hole, angles, etc.

3. Marposs gauging interface is just the Okuma side hardware (board) and software for probing. You would still need to buy the Marposs hardware (probe, receiver). I prefer Renishaw myself for probes.

4. User Task III adds the ability to do WHILE/DO statements and condition branch jumps to the existing macro ability. Example;

IF [VC1 EQ 1] NVC2

In User Task II that statement will search for a line named NVC2. In User Task III it will search for a N line that is named with the value of common variable VC2. I can do everything with USER Task II that I can with User Task III but it is cleaner and shorter in with User Task III.

HI Doug,

Thank you for replay.

For some reason probe mp700 is most accurate but also cheapest one. Can you explain why?

Is standard gauging software same primitive as before ?

Also they asking 1180 bucks for the MID block restart .

Before i ran very basic Okemas and MID block restart as standard option.

We got Super NURBS , but why they recommend glass scale with it ?