Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Editor not working???

Rob B

I am running MC X2 MR2 SP1.

I have been using Mastercam Editor for my nc editor with no problem for 5 yrs. All changed yesterday. I am getting message "ActiveX component can't create object" when I post my program. I click on message (Ok) tab. The editor opens into a blank screen. When I close the editor, I get "Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object". I click on message (Ok) tab, it sends my program(configured to send when closed).

Does anyone know what i need to do??

I have changed to diferent editors and they seem to work with no problem

I downloaded latest version of "Adobe Flash Player" yesterday. Also downloaded Hughes Net "Status Meter".

We just got hooked up on Hughes Net and I am wanting to keep track of my daily usage.

These are the only changes i made yesterday. I posted a program early yesterday and didn't have a problem.

Thanks

Rob

It would seem that something has been removed, replaced or corrupted from your last installs maybe?

You could try; Roll back (system restore?) - if windows or you created a restore point at the time of installs; or remove mastercam and reinstall it again. Don't forget to back up any posts and relavent machine debs etc...

Andy.

My AVG says I have a bug. Avg will not fix the problem. So I have ran my Malwarebytes, and it will not remove it either. I need to get this bug removed before I can fix the editor.

This is what I am getting from AVG:

Detection Name: The file is signed with a broken digital signature, issued by Malwarebytes Corp.

Description: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{46DE8921-1D39-44D2-A9E9-64119261F211}\RP1605\A0259403.exe

Severity: Message

State: Infected

Source: Scan

Date: 4/29/2013

Any ideas on this??

From "My Bleeping Computer Website"

Looks like a file in your System Restore folder, these are not scannable by malware tools.

Reset your restore points to remove it..

Create a New Restore Point (alternate method) to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".

Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the newly created Restore Point.