Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toggle Display on Selected Operations

Rotary Ninja

I don't like to have the toolpath display when I create a toolpath. When I want to see it I backplot. Using Alt+T and T does the same as the button does the way I see it. Unless I am doing something wrong? But if I start a new file, create a few toolpaths, then create a stock model toolpath the stock model toolpath defaults to visible. So if I toggle it off some or all of the toolpaths I have created toggle on even though I don't have any selected except the stock model toolpath. It's very annoying.

This doesn't sound like the behaviour I see..

When I click the three squiggly lines button.. ie the button 6 places to the left.. it toggles toopath display for whatever toolpath I currently have selected.. as shown with a blue check mark on that operation.

If your working with one toolpath it works as a toggle.. and is pretty simple..

When it gets weird is when you have one toolpath toggled on.. and you select the rest of them... then when you toggle it .. it turns the rest on while leaveing the original still on (no toggle on that one)

The next time you click it.. it shuts all the selected toolpaths off..

I have to assume this behaviour is intentional, since otherwise you would be forever trying to reselect just the ones that were displayed in order to get all of them displayed or not displayed..

Other than that one bit of weirdness which I beleive is intentional its always worked pretty much exactly as I would have expected it too.

What you were explaining with ones you dont have selecting toggling on and off seems really bizzare.. think you could make a video of it happening or something? mayeb that would help figure it out since it doesnt seem to do that on my end using x6 MU2

Have you tried selecting the rest of them, other than the stock model and toggling them off.. dont think you should have too .. but if you do do they go off and the stock model stay on?

If you dont have the stock model in there does it work correctly when the stock model isnt in the mix?

It's flakey at best no matter what I have selected when I click either toggle. Always when I click either one a bunch of toolpaths that I do not have selected will toggle on. It has always been this way since I can remember. That is why I don't use it.

Might seem like a unrelated question, but whats your graphics card, and do you have the best drivers for it..

Is there another computer you can try to check if it happens on that as well? Cause this doesn't happen on my machine..

Not sure if its a setting or a graphics issue, but yeah I can toggle the stock model on and off without it changing all the other toolpaths.

If I do this same process, and click a different toolpath to select it, then click the stock model toolpath again to select it THEN toggle display everything works just fine. But if I create a stock model toolpath and immediately click the toggle button after it regenerates I have this problem. It works just like this on 3 PC's here, and my PC at home.

I think I kind of have it figured out. Sometimes when I create a toolpath and try to go back into it to change something it won't let me open the parameters until I select a different toolpath first. Have you ever noticed that? I have brought this up to people here at work and they notice the same thing happening, but I bet most people have never noticed this. So I don't think I'm going crazy just yet.

Yeah I can see it.. its really weird.. and it doesn't do anything like that on my system.. I even tried making a stock model and then regen and then toggle without selecting any other toolpath..

I know I use openGL and have hardware acceleration turned off for video settings .. I know in the past with a different system having hardware acceleration turned on in the config caused some bizaree stuff to happen. Maybe try that to rule it out..??

Well I just tried it.. I still dont get randomly appearing toolpaths.. but I can confirm that 'repaint toolpath' does indeed get checked to on as soon as you toggle the stock model on and off

This actually seems to happen no matter what toolpath you choose.. when you hit 'toggle display on selected operations' button the 'repaint toolpath' checkbox in the config goes back to being checked.

On my system this doesnt seem to make any difference.. but it still doesnt explain why on yours with only one operation selected you get a bunch of other toolpaths randomly displaying.. that still doesn't happen for me..