Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem with X7 crashing

RObert TImby

Well I believe I have narrowed it down to a few things. I went back and loaded the default.mtb from the install and it works fine. So, it has to be either:

A - A custom name I gave the mtb file.

B - The name had a - in it.

C - The name was all caps.

Only difference between the two. If I blow away the GUI file in the registry will it create a new one when I reopen MC? Or, will I have to do a repair install? Or, is there certain files I can hose in the registry and go from there?

I will dig a little deeper tomorrow to see if I can pinpoint the issue.

I have X6 open on one screen and X7 open on the other

I finish the ECN in X6 save, I open the file in X7 because X6 take 1/2 hr to verify

I only opened the file in X7, spent 5 minutes checking a path in x6 and the crash window poped

up in X7.

While typing the crash report, the other window that says,'X7 stopped working' pops

up X& goes greys out and now I'm looking at the desktop, and the crash report is gone so

I cant send it in.

2 times in a row today, working great all week