Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sub-Spindle Programming in Mastercam

Rotary Ninja

I just made my first lathe program. I thought moving the part and stock to the sub side would be fairly straight forward. But I am not sure what to do to get Mastercam to do this. My jaws are on the left side of the part. Do I need to use another machine definition and just setup my WCS for D+Z- or something? I have seen the flip stock toolpath, but I have no idea how to use it. But I think I would rather run this part on the sub side instead of just flipping it.

Thanks

Lathe took me a little while to get used to. It didn't take long to work out how to create toolpaths, but there are a lot of cool things you can do to tweak the toolpaths and get them running just the way you want. There are quite a few options and I've always found them to be very customisable...have to fiddle with geometry sometimes though.

There are several different ways to do the Sub-Spindle/Stock Transfer. First, you must be using a Machine Definition with the proper Axis Combination to support a Sub-Spindle.

You must also modify your post to support either the regular "stock flip or stock transfer", or the new Pickoff/Barpull/Cutoff (POCO) routines.

The nice thing about using POCO is that you can see each individual "chuck" operation for each step in the process. It makes it much nicer for verifying your pickoff operation.

• Like 1