Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma and Haas posts available at no charge in Mastercam X7

Guest MTB Technical Services

Guys, I am the new  Mastercam OEM guy working out of the Okuma Partners in thinc office in Charlotte, NC. Contacting your local dealer is the best route but I didnt think they are going to give out the whole EXE file. Let your dealer know specifically what machine/control you need and I am sure they can help.

With that note, I am working with the post group at Mastercam to prove out the Okuma post and get the certified from Okuma Corporate. Mastercam will be announcing the machines as they get done and will be available through your reseller.  Please feel free to contact me with question and I will do my best to help. 

I was at the Thinc facility just over a year ago, for training on their MU500V-II 5 axis machining centre. That is a great facility, and well worth it for any Okuma training required.

• Like 1

I'm supposed to tour the NC facility tomorrow (feb 26th), however all flights have just been cancelled. Maybe Friday I'll make it. Chris, will you be there? Our tour guide is a Gosiger AE.

thx

Have you been there before Chris? If not, you will enjoy it :)

Our reseller got the link for me.  It downloaded and worked just fine.  It seems to be mostly Control Definitions and Machine Definitions but no post files.

When you run the EXE, it will install the MD/CD/PST files. It puts the MD and CD in your \Shared mcamx8\cnc machines folder, and it puts the correct post inside the \Shared mcamx8\mill\posts folder. It will install all the correct files.

One thing to watch out for: in Windows, there is a setting for the "Windows Explorer" that will automatically "hide extensions of 'known' file types". You want to be sure that switch is turned off, so that the files show the ".PST" extension.

Try using File > Edit/Open External. That opens the Mastercam Code Expert Editor. Now do a File > Open, and change the "File type" filter to "Legacy post files (*.PST" and go browse to the \Shared mcamx8\mill\posts folder. You should be able to open the post from there, and see a list of the posts that you installed.