Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problems running Mastercam programs on Mazatrol Matrix

FiveAxisViking

Hi,

I have a problem getting the programs i make on Mastercam to work on the Mazatrol Matrix control on my machine. Mazak VTC-800/30SR

What happens is that the coordinates are off(by a mile). Is there some trick i need to do on the Mazatrol? I run these programs as sub programs, and i thought it would use the coordines and zero i had from the

main program, but it doesnt seem to work.

Hope somebody can help me with this issue. %29.gif

Try deleting all the G54's or whatever work coordinate is in the posted (G-code) program. Then sub it out of mazatrol and see if behaves they way you want. Otherwise make sure your G54 (or whatever your G-code is calling ) is set to the same coordinates as the WPC in mazatrol.

No, we have 8 Mazaks and they've been programmed with MasterCam using V9, X2 and X6.. But, like Wes suggested, it has all been EIA with no problems. When I need to make a Mazatrol program, though, I don't use Mastercam, I use Camlink

No luck, still problems getting the zero point correct :( Do i need som special post processor for mastercan to run the programs?

Did you try putting the same numbers from the WPC register into the G54 register?

Also, are the problems arising when the head is tilted? Or when the head is in normal vertical orientation?

I'm not positive, but I think using G53.5 instead of G54, will make the EIA program look at the WPC register.