Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wire package for Mitsubishi FA-S 20

Jeff2005

I am trying to use the 4 axis option cutting a variable land. I figured out that we can't program the z varibly. I drew the top profile so i could acheive what i needed to. when i load the program into the machine and start it, my u's and v's are going in the opposite direction from what it's posting. Am i missing a setting in the wire that I need or what.?

Very frustrated at this point.

thanks for any help you can provide.

Jeff Smith

601 WIRE.Z2G

Seemingly the post looks correct. when i backplot it looks correct. it's only when trying to run in the wire machine that it is changing. i thought it might be a setting in our wire machine. i wouldn't know what that would be.

Look for a parameter setting for Taper vector in your machine. I think what happens is the machine builders look at what way the lower head has to move during taper. Like if you are cutting a taper along the Y axis and you want the Taper to be to the right, the machine looks at it as the lower head having to move to the left to achieve that taper direction.Me, I just look at what direction the wire tilts. Maybe Mitz could tell you where it is at on machine or someone her. I am not familiar with the mits machines.