Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma macturn 30

You have to put it in Center Work mode. M56/M55 are center advance/retract

The piston may also be stuck if it doesn't get used often. I've had this happen on my Puma lathe. I usually spray it with wd-40 and turn up the the pressure to break it free. Works just fine after that first time. I usually use the tailstock 1-2X per year Max, so it sits idle a lot and I can't get the floor to do the routine maintenance properly. The machine also isn't run very often either.

I had done MDI operation M56/55 but i think the piston is stuck. Do anyone know how to break the pressure free as workmantm said? I tried to check the solenoid valve, but i don't know which one is connected to the tailstock. Is it the lowest one? since neither arrows are light up.

regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Is it in "Center Work" Mode? VCHSW=1 will turn it on

The piston may also be stuck if it doesn't get used often. I've had this happen on my Puma lathe. I usually spray it with wd-40 and turn up the the pressure to break it free. Works just fine after that first time. I usually use the tailstock 1-2X per year Max, so it sits idle a lot and I can't get the floor to do the routine maintenance properly. The machine also isn't run very often either.

Thank you for the advices.

The problem is solved.

I had increased the pressure higher little by little until the tailstock came out from the holder. The surface of the tailstock was dirty and I had cleaned it with anti rust and alcohol.

Regards,

G136 turns Y-Axis Mode off. If you reset Y, you may need to redo the Y-Axis Turning Position though. I'll pull up that alarm and take a look at that in a bit

Thank you Mr. M for your fast reply.

I did G136, but nothing happened.

I think I need to do something else first, but I don't know what to do. Everything here is in japanese...

How to do Y-Axis Turning Position? Is it like offsetting? I should do that since I disturb the Y-Axis.. But I don't know how.

Thank you again, Mr M!

What was the alarm code? It should be 2472-(1-10) The 1-10 designation will narrow down the issue. What was happening when the alarm came up? Was is just G138 in MDI, or was it during a toolchange attempt, etc..?

It's number 4 for japanese version...

I didn't do any tool exchange... just repositioning Y-axis with pulse handle... I did offset for my new workpiece, and tried to run a pre-made program, until I reach the line G01 X1000 Z1000, the alarm 2472 came out...

Yes, I did saw G138 in the japanese manual, what does it mean? I tried to find the meaning of every code for OKUMA MACTURN 30, but G138 is not in the list. I thought it may be related to the Y-Axis Mode button...

G138/G136 is Y axis Mode On/Off

4->When automatic operation was performed under Y-axis control,
          an axis command was given before G138.

Try in MDI doing a G138, input, cycle start, and then a G136, input, cycle start. (Make sure you are NOT at the X axis limit)

Now as far as changing the Y-Axis, that isn't something you should do at each setup, just when an alignment or a calibration is being done. How much is it changed by?

• Like 1

Try in MDI doing a G138, input, cycle start, and then a G136, input, cycle start. (Make sure you are NOT at the X axis limit)

Now as far as changing the Y-Axis, that isn't something you should do at each setup, just when an alignment or a calibration is being done. How much is it changed

Oh God, Thanks for telling me the meaning. I couldn't try it right now since I'm at home (it is 9.52pm here), but I will try it on Monday. Is there any possible way to contact you, Mr M?

Now as far as changing the Y-Axis, that isn't something you should do at each setup, just when an alignment or a calibration is being done. How much is it changed by?

Dear Mr. M,

I would like to say thank you very much and so much appreciation for your guidance because the problem is solved. It seems the tool holder/turret (i'm not sure what it is called) had returned to the original (before modified) position and it has a little gap from the turning workpiece center position for my cutting tool, thus I want to set it to the suitable position. What should I do?

Regards,