Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 creating files & folders on open

ChuckK

Does anyone know why every time I open X7 it creates two new folders and file in the temp folder.

C:\Users\<YourLogin>\AppData\Local\Temp\_ir_tu2_temp_0\_tu_DATUP_0\mastercam_x7.ts2

With the _ir_tu2_temp_0 folder incrementing by one every time you open X7. The file is always the same size (183KB) and doesn't go away when you close the program. I was cleaning out my temp folder and found a ton of these folders . I deleted them and it just starts over at _ir_tu2_temp_0 and keeps adding them up again. Over time this could eat up quite a bit of hard drive space.

It just keeps adding new folders and that same file.

If I delete them all it starts with C:\Users\<YourLogin>\AppData\Local\Temp\_ir_tu2_temp_0\_tu_DATUP_0\mastercam_x7.ts2

Then next time I open it creates C:\Users\<YourLogin>\AppData\Local\Temp\_ir_tu2_temp_1\_tu_DATUP_0\mastercam_x7.ts2

next time it will create _ir_tu2_temp_2 and just keep doing that ever time I start the program.