Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc HSM/HPCC

rogkick

Hi guys,

has anyone got any stock values for the FANUCs HPCC settings screen (15M). ?

Machining aluminium, with a loose tolerance (weight reduction), and losing time with the acceleration and retarding of the cutter while pocketing.

Cheers.

We ran 4 of them back in the day (not me personally - I was in engineering).

We tried the G5 but the machines were never ever set-up properly from the factory.

We had a few VS50's and a VM40 as well, and none of these had their parameters set and back then, no-one had any experience in tweaking/tuning the servos.

So we only ever used them in 'normal' mode (ie no look ahead).

I bet yours won't be set-up either.

Maybe best to contact your tech and see what he says?

if you are using "hpcc" function it stands for high precision contour control the hpcc function its never going to be fast.. it will slow the machine down to follow the path exactly, i believe it holds the servo error to about 2 or less , i would use aicc g05q1 if it has that or just std look ahead control g8p1 (the parameters for this are easily adjustable)

series 15i has different parameter numbers then 16,18,21 (i've dealt with these) or i could give you some different acc\dec settings

if you follow newbeeees advice you are looking for a maximum speed parameter and a time constant parameter, its very easy to adjust once you find out which one its is..

For 0iMC and D, the parameter numbers are

1768 (time constant for acc/dec after interpolation in Ai preview)

1771 (acceleration rate of linear acc/dec before interpolation in Ai preview)

You need to find the equivalent parameters in you control, and tweak accordingly.