Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Saving Default Verify Settings

Eric Allen

Does anyone know of a way to save the verify settings as a default? Every time I open a file and verify the Mastercam default settings are applied. It takes a good amount of time to edit them all on every part.

Maybe this will save somebody some time. We verify using stock models. The default Mastercam verify settings have the "Simulation engine" set to "3-axis". This causes the stock model to extrude down the most upper profile and not show any underlying geometry. Changing this to "5-axis" fixes this problem. Now every time you verify you will need to change this setting.

Mastercam also defaults to turning off all collision detection which can be very dangerous if you are used to it being turned on. It also defaults to color loop on an operation change not on a tool change.

I'm surprised this made it out of beta. I even waited for SP1 to avoid problems like this!

For the 3 vs. 5 axis engine...... just have a point toolpath with the planes set to right or left or something other than what your working on.... it will default to 5 axis engine.

For the collision checking, find the file "MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml".

open it with notepad and edit till your hearts content!

You can turn on the collision checking and it will be default.

I'm surprised this made it out of beta. I even waited for SP1 to avoid problems like this!

Are you a beta tester?

You waited for sp1, but didn't search the forum...... odd.

Welcome to the forum!

I am not a beta tester. What I meant was I was shocked that nobody else caught it and reported it.

I'll start editing the .xml file

My VAR just got back to me so I will have him help me if I need it.

Thanks guys!

For the 3 vs. 5 axis engine...... just have a point toolpath with the planes set to right or left or something other than what your working on.... it will default to 5 axis engine.

For the collision checking, find the file "MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml".

open it with notepad and edit till your hearts content!

You can turn on the collision checking and it will be default.

Are you a beta tester?

You waited for sp1, but didn't search the forum...... odd.

Welcome to the forum!

• 1 month later...