Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C axis Contour

tsaladyga

We have a job that needs a 2.5 " groove 1.8 deep approximately on an OD. On our Mazak Integrex 1060 e. I am trying to run a tool path using C axis contour, but when it gets to 360 degrees, it wants to rapid back to zero then count up again.

Is there a way to plunge a 1.5" feed mill to depth using some sort of ramp method then finish with a ball end mill?

Thanks,

Todd

Thanks TEEJAY,

I will try the Multi Axis(G43.4)

Yes it appears to be an In house post. Initially written in 04 and modified for this company in 07. Unfortunately it is set up as a horizontal and the machine is vertical, plus the axis are all pointing the wrong way(not sure why) I am trying to create a new machine def as vertical and develop the parameters so the programmers can use it effectively.

So any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Todd