Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Art users: looking for a favor

Hello everyone,

Last year one of my closest friends was killed in a car accident. He was a welder and a metal worker and it has been decided that his grave stone should be something special. It will be a metal plaque attached to his stone.

I have been assigned the task of designing and machining the plaque. Most of this will be no problem for me but one of the features they are asking for is a picture to be included on the plaque. I do not have Mastercam Art here and I wonder if anybody would be willing to mess around with the picture to see what can be done in Mastercam Art.

Pic is attached... Unfortunately the pic is very small. Must have been from a cell phone...

Any and all feedback or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-10070-0-71984500-1376077340_thumb.jpg

Hi Jay!

Thanks for taking a look. I was actually hoping for something with 3-D "puffed up" features like the attached pic. I do understand that I am asking for a lot from that tiny picture...

And yes, I'd like to have the line geometry you created and also the puffed up version if you are able to create it.

I was also hoping that the sun would show up in the pic too but it didn't seem to come through in the geometry you showed above...

Sorry for the delay in my response... For some reason I never get notifications about replies on this forum.

post-10070-0-89244000-1376395493_thumb.png

Hello everyone,

Last year one of my closest friends was killed in a car accident. He was a welder and a metal worker and it has been decided that his grave stone should be something special. It will be a metal plaque attached to his stone.

I have been assigned the task of designing and machining the plaque. Most of this will be no problem for me but one of the features they are asking for is a picture to be included on the plaque. I do not have Mastercam Art here and I wonder if anybody would be willing to mess around with the picture to see what can be done in Mastercam Art.

Pic is attached... Unfortunately the pic is very small. Must have been from a cell phone...

Any and all feedback or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

matt, you would need a better picture

Capture.jpg

HTM01, that does not look too bad...

They are not looking for a tremendous amount of detail...

Can you make surfaces like you pictured above?

I changed my notification settings... Looks like I'm getting them now.

matt shoot me your e-mail, file is large 3meg but about 1500 surfaces. you can trim out what you want to keep and put on flat surface. base is 4" x 6"