Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RFT Interface error

melliott6

X6 MU2

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601)

Service Pack 1

64-bit

Memory: 6288952 KB

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Has anyone seen this error. This message pops up when I regenerate an optirest toolpath using a stock model as my material:

"Refine Toolpath Feature (RTF) Interface is currently disabled. This operation has RTF parameters set. RTF processing will be applied to this operation."

I have set the Refine toolpath box to "Normal" nc program length, "Better" Surface quality, and "Normal" Calculation time. Total tolerance is at .005.

This toolpath is taking 25 minutes to regenerate.

Also, in my task manager it appears that MasterCam is only utilizing about 35% of my memory. I have "Memory burrering" set to 100% of physical memory. Is there anything I can do to get MasterCam to use more memory so it will process faster?

I'd guess that this Optirest toolpath had been made by you or someone else some time ago? Maybe on a different computer too? I'd say that whoever did this toolpath previously had the newer arc filtering settings switched on, but your system is set to use the old filtering settings. Opening up this part-file has forced your system to switch to the newer filtering settings.

You can confirm this if you start a brand new file, make a simple surface, start an optirest toolpath and go to the filtering page. I reckon you'd have a much simpler interface (with the 1:1, 2:1 and 3:1 menu options) compared to the ones you can see in your existing job.

it's not a big issue, you just have to decide which filtering page you'd like to use; the old one or the one with the extra "refinement" options.

To check which type of filtering is in use, go to the Windows Control Panel, click on Mastercam X and make sure Mastercam X6 is set in the top drop down menu. Now go to Toolpath Support and you'll see "Refine toolpath". (It's proabably set to "disable".).

In terms of memory usage, as I understand it Mastercam will only use the amount of memory it needs to complete a task (such as a toolpath). There is no way to "force" it to use more memory than it actually needs to complete a given task. Hopefully someone else with more time on their hands can give you some pointers to improve perfomance, sorry.