Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stright Path

jbelle7435

When I try to start my cut at the origin at the top it always angles towards the circle. I do the typical contour and added a line for the wire to follow but it still comes in at this slight angle. Is that normal or is there a way to make a path I am comfortable using prior to getting to the circle. I will see what I can find in the mean time if possible.

post-49489-0-56198000-1380201033_thumb.png

Is that your cutter comp being applied as it is moving from the start position to the actual cutting position? I would think it is ans if you set your comp to off then if might do what you are thinking, but then you are asking for a lot fo problem cutting your parts without cutter comp. I guess you could go through all the trouble of making a reverse line the opposite of your cutter comp so it looks straight, but if it makes good part to be honest who really cares what that looks like?

HTH

1.The origin of the circle or the origin of the plane?

2.What is the ideal way to select those in this case? channing,point, window,etc from the channing box. I been using window and sometimes it comes out good...

Chaining wirepaths

Wirepath chaining differs slightly from chaining in other Mastercam products. When chaining a wirepath, you must establish thread and cut positions before you chain the geometry. If you do not set these positions before chaining, you will receive a message as follows:

If you create a wirepath using the Window chaining method, Mastercam Wire automatically sets the order of items to be chained. However, if you manually select items to be chained, you must select them in the following order:

1. Thread

2. Chain

3. Cut

Notes:

Mastercam Wire defaults the start position to the same position as the thread position. To set the start position different from the thread position, you must deselect the Set start position to thread point check box in the Leads page. You can then set the start position in the Start Position page.

If you set a thread position but not a separate cut position, Mastercam Wire automatically uses the thread position as both the thread and cut positions. You can also select the Auto position cut point check box in the Leads page to have Mastercam Wire automatically set your cut positions to the most efficient cut point for each contour.

When chaining multiple contours, you can set one start position, and then set thread and cut positions for each contour. The start position can be the same as the thread point on the first contour to be chained.

sorry. I am losing my mind over this. Attached is the file. I have the line in there but I seem to be running into a wall every time. I just want the wire to come downwards from the origin, circle once, and come back. Can this be done in one chain because when I window it comes out to 2 or three depending and sometimes there way off or do something totally different than I expect.

092613.MCX

When you come from the outside of the part it makes it confusing for mastercam. If you come from the outside and want to wire the hole to .500 you will have to change your offset to right G42 even if you are going CW. You can see this in backplot where the wire stays to the outside of the part with the G41. I would drill or hole pop a hole in the center and do it like this.

HOLE.MCX

When you come from the outside of the part it makes it confusing for mastercam. If you come from the outside and want to wire the hole to .500 you will have to change your offset to right G42 even if you are going CW. You can see this in backplot where the wire stays to the outside of the part with the G41. I would drill or hole pop a hole in the center and do it like this.

Looked at your model.

1. I know how to place the "Create thread point" at the center and saw you created it inside instead of from an edge and that is how I will be making more parts.

2. How did you chain the point and then let it go straight to that quadrant point without drawing a line. What channing command did the trick. I am trying window,point, etc and does not work like your did. Thats why in my model I drew a line to guide where the wire is going but I still ran into problems. If I can get comfortable using the selection command that might def help in the long run.

3. I noticed your model is drawn from scratch. Mine came from Inventor. Does that change how the lines are selected?

In the options box I see it selected as break closest entity to thread point. When I have this selected it starts the cut point always from the origin(outside) and when I select start chain at point it works from the center.(Update, I don't think that does anything)

I added a second thread point to the bottom the the hole as well...Would that make sense?

post-49489-0-99942600-1380283142_thumb.png

Jbelle, When you use Chain all you need to do is click the thread point and then click on the arc. There is a tutorial for wire on the home page of this forum. It will help you step by step on how to select wirepaths along with other good stuff.

Yeah I am running into it helps and then it does not help situations. I just want some consistency for once. I will see what I can do with that. Thanks.

Like everyone wants to do is load in a part,, make the runs to my liking and thats it. All I been seeing is non-sense but I hope to remove that soon.

When I pick chain for selection I can choose the thread point but I cannot select the top circle. That is what is frustrating me! :thumbdown: Is it because its a 3D model from inventor and not a sketch/wire model. Should I draw a sketch circle on top to be able to select it and it will work or should I select solids and work with that??