Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hiedenhain controls

mayday

after spending all week working on my post for a 310 control. I'm not imprest with hiedi's version of Gcode. Basicly my post works for conversational output quite well. What I'd like to know, has anyone managed to get the ISO version to work good?? the control seems to be very picky on everything including where spaces are. nothing like a fanuc. I've tried the ISO post but the Hied errors out on P values in the drilling cycles. not sure what it dosnt like.

Mayday,

This is from Dave Thomson from an earlier Heidenhain topic

quote:

Sounds like perhaps you are using the ISO code format, expecting it to be similar to standard G-Code. It's not. And the while it looks the same, the differences will drive everyone grey and bald, if not mad. For instance arcs use a two line format.

Just out of curiosity, if the conversational post works, why would you want to make the iso post work also? We tweeked in the conversational post to our specific machines and it works flawless. All of our Heidenhain controls are set up conversational and that is like a second language to me. To me making the machine iso when you are used to conversational would be like learning another control. Just curious on your reasoning.

Greg

Mayday,

Just made a 10" circle and helical milled it with a .5" pitch x 1" deep and this is what the mastercam code looked like from our post

5 ; 1-1/2" APFT

6 TOOL DEF 4

7 TOOL CALL 4 Z S1000

8 L W-4 R0 F MAX M3

9 ;

10 L X+0 Y+0 R0 F MAX

11 L Z+.1 R0 F MAX

12 L X+0 Y+0 Z+0 F120

13 CC X+1.9658 Y+.807

14 C X+3.9316 Y+1.6141 DR+ F160

15 CC X+0 Y+0

16 CP IPA+180 Z-.25 DR+

17 CC X+0 Y+0

18 CP IPA+180 Z-.5 DR+

19 CC X+0 Y+0

20 CP IPA+337.68 Z-.969 DR+

21 CC X+0 Y+0

22 C X-4.25 DR+

23 CC X+0 Y+0

24 C X+4.25 DR+

25 CC X+2.125 Y+0

26 C X+0 DR+

27 L Z+1 R0 F MAX

28 L Z+5 R0 F MAX

29 STOP

I myself have never helical ramped with mastercam, I like to approach the tools of the part whenever possible. Mastercam outputs only half the circle at a time where as the heidenhain control itself will do 5400 degrees of revolution with 1 circular move. ex: CP IPA+720 Z-1 DR+ RL F160. This is what the line would look like with no aprroach or depart to the centerline for a helical interpolation for a 1/2" pitch x 1" deep. I also don't know if the 310 is capable of this as we have 400 series controllers. This is just coming from a Heidenhain programmers standpoint, I'm still as green as they make 'em when it comes to MC.

HTH,

Greg

Mayday,

I'm not the brightest when it comes to mastercam, but if you can send something simple to me of what you are trying to do, I will post it out and see what it looks like. I can then manually program it though with my eyes closed and tell you what the code should look like. All this gcode in here is like gibberish to me, except I am the minority with this Hedenhain stuff. So anyway I can help, feel free to ask. cheers.gif

Greg