Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis tolerance

Candyman

This is controlled in two places. First the machine definition rotary axis has an angle resolution that defines the actual increment that the indexer can position to. Second, if you are using a multiaxis toolpath each will have its own settings of how to post the angular rotation movements. Please give some more info about your setup if you need something more specific.

• 3 months later...

I want to produce a cylinder with a single rotary axis command of 360°. How can I prevent mastercam from breaking my moves up?

I am driving a single circle in 5 axis curve with another single larger Ø circle controlling my tool axis.

I tried setting maxium step to 100", turned distance increment off, turned angle increment off, and turned filtering off. I have tried several different values in these settings as well.

I have used axis sub in the past to get cleaner motion, but I am posting this thru CAMplete and I do not get the same result using axis sub. Is there a way to get 360° moves out of a mutli axis TP with the right settings?

I would say that the multiaxis toolpaths will always output multiple linear moves (and increasing the maximum step will probably only make those moves longer) so you would probably have the best chance of doing this with axis subs.

Here is a quick example that I hope looks good in Camplete (never used it myself)

O0

(T)

(DATE=DD-MM-YY - 13-02-14 TIME=HH:MM - 15:09)

(MCX FILE - C:\USERS\RICH\DOCUMENTS\MY MCAMX7\MCX\ROTARY 360.MCX-7)

(NC FILE - C:\USERS\RICH\DOCUMENTS\MY MCAMX7\MILL\NC\T.NC)

(MATERIAL - ALUMINUM MM - 2024)

(T108| 23. BALL ENDMILL|H0|D0|TOOL DIA. - 23.)

N100 G21

N110 G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

N120 T108 M6

N130 G0 G90 G54 X0. Y0. A90. S1660 M3

N140 G43 H0 Z75.

N150 Z60.

N160 G1 Z50. F265.6

N170 A-270. F608.7

N180 G0 Z75.

N190 M5

N200 G91 G28 Z0.

N210 G28 X0. Y0. A0.