Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New machine arriving today

So I have a Okuma genos L400 showing up today. I know about taking pics while on the truck and after the riggers get it into place and checking the final bill of sale to double check that all accessaries have arrived. But is there anything else i should be looking out for? it's been a while since I have had the chance to unload a new machine and want to make sure I am not over looking anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The machine got here and their looks to be a spot on the casting that has been patched sanded and then repaintedwith possibly bondo. Even the paint they didn't use the wrinkle brown nor the right shade.When I get back to my other plant where the machine is I am going to check it with a fridge magnet. My maintenace guy is trying to tell me its from the sprue when they casted it But I highly doubt Okuma would choose to place the sprue directly below the door in the direct middle. One would think they would pick a far less conspicuos spot.

The reseller has contacted okuma to find out if it is a patch in which case they will replace the machine letting me use this one until the new one arrives. Which wouldn't be to bad since I would be able to beat on this one to see just how much abuse these little lathes can take.

Another thing was when I checked the standard included equipment that was on my bill of sale it states that I was to get a live revolving center and also a rotating center but they only sent one. It is a typo on their part so they are shipping me a second live center.