Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT/OSP5020M

RStuart

Was wondering if anyone could help me transfer programs from cimco edit 4 to an Okuma OSP5020M control. I have a cable and I have changed the appropriate parameters but am still having trouble actually getting the program to the machine. APS at Okuma is not being very helpful. Thanks in advance.

quote:

no more then 8 characters

I believe that 16 characters are allowed, but it must start with a letter [which his does]

remember the $ and percent

$bonnet.min%

At the beginning

There are a lot of parameters in the machine which make this kind of a pain; can you transfer with other software?

C

Carlos I have to disagree with you on the number of characters as I have 11 Okumas with various controls and the 16 char seems to work. That being said it has nothing to do with this problem so who cares?

+1 to Brendan; did this control communicate with other software?

Are you using DNCMax or CimcoEdit?

Have you tried the Cimco reseller or Cimco directly?

Feel free to call or email me if you think I can be of some help

Keep the baud rate low (like 2400) until you get it to work

C

What steps do you follow at the control? Does the control have a floppy drive? There are commands to send to BB0: or some such thing and this directs it to the bubble memory. This is the only thing that has worked for me on a really old one of these controls.

One machine I configured had an 8" floppy drive that was attached to the panel door, when the door was opened it was about 20" long, I smashed my head into that thing, never liked OSP controls since biggrin.gif

Allan

At the control I follow these steps as told by apps....edit aux. ; PIP ; read CN0: then try sending the program to the machine. I get an alarm that says "2560 RS232C READ BUFFER OVERFLOW ERROR" They also told me to try TT: in place of CN0:........same result. What is this BB0: you speak of....I will try that I have tried everything else.

For whatever its worth.....

Here's what we're doing.

first block of program looks like this...

$O0080.MIN%

80 is just the op number of course.

On cimco I have the serial set to 7E2

under setup - port tab

flow control is set to software

both dtr and rts are enabled

xon character is 17

xoff is -19

under the transmit tab

cr/lf is set to 1310

end trigger = %

and most importantly wait of xon is checked.

I have a bunch of different machines, lathes and mills, and this is the setup for all of them.

Then I can go over to cimco, select send file, pick the file I want to send, and hit open.

Cimco then sits there waiting for someone at the machine to hit edit/pip/read/ and just hit the write key. We don't have to type anything just read and go.

Like I said up at the top, I don't know if any of this helps you, but here it is. Good luck. cheers.gif