Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Porting tool.

DODGERFAN

Certainly. Thanks for the time.

Man, I got major problems. Even though we are AS9100 (came out of a cracker jack box, I think) our document control on our network drive is a joke. As far as MC files and part programs, they hire people who come in and work off their personal laptops, then they get fired or quit, or both, and leave and we have no copies of their files. Anyway, not to ramble on too far, Last year I bought a 3TB Usb hard drive and started reorganizing everything we had on it. I had all our files organized by P/N, tool libraries, holders, Vericut files, form tools.ect. Everything was right there for instant access. About 3 mo ago went to click on a file and I get an error saying the drive no longer exists. Make a long story short, the drive I moved everything to is DEAD. (Thank you Western Digital) So I need to start over and create a new drive, but all these files are scattered all over creation. But this time I'll make a 2nd backup.

So, what I'm trying to say is that I haven't found my -8 porting tool yet. Sorry

Man, I got major problems. Even though we are AS9100 (came out of a cracker jack box, I think) our document control on our network drive is a joke. As far as MC files and part programs, they hire people who come in and work off their personal laptops, then they get fired or quit, or both, and leave and we have no copies of their files. Anyway, not to ramble on too far, Last year I bought a 3TB Usb hard drive and started reorganizing everything we had on it. I had all our files organized by P/N, tool libraries, holders, Vericut files, form tools.ect. Everything was right there for instant access. About 3 mo ago went to click on a file and I get an error saying the drive no longer exists. Make a long story short, the drive I moved everything to is DEAD. (Thank you Western Digital) So I need to start over and create a new drive, but all these files are scattered all over creation. But this time I'll make a 2nd backup.

So, what I'm trying to say is that I haven't found my -8 porting tool yet. Sorry

LOL. Sounds like you might have bigger problems then I do.

Thanks for taking a look. I have a little time right now, I will see if I cant get it done today and I will post it for others.

Guest MTB Technical Services

Glad to help guys.

Both of those ZIP files should have everything you need to do every standard port in use today.

There are some oddball ones that may not be in there but I've used these for years to simplify manifold programming.

I use the individual files like a library part in SolidWorks.

Just import the operations with the geometry and then you can customize connecting hole depths and port depths as needed.

Keep in mind the Speed & Feed data is generic.

It's not meant for any specific material.

Glad to help guys.

Both of those ZIP files should have everything you need to do every standard port in use today.

There are some oddball ones that may not be in there but I've used these for years to simplify manifold programming.

I use the individual files like a library part in SolidWorks.

Just import the operations with the geometry and then you can customize connecting hole depths and port depths as needed.

Keep in mind the Speed & Feed data is generic.

It's not meant for any specific material.

ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!

ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!

Hardly, but I appreciate the sentiment.

I'm just like you guys, working to get ahead and helping others when I can.

Go to any soup kitchen and you'll find plenty of people just like me.

There but for the grace of God go I.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Where would a good source be for the specs for SAE ports.

In particular, I am looking for SAE AS5202D

The cad files are excellent, but I am needing something with tolerances that can be used for inspection.

I am looking at the sae.org website, but it is very unclear what you are purchasing.

Bryan,

The tolerances may change depending upon the manifold or body material and application.

All the application I worked on were for ROV Systems operating at depths of 3000 Meters in the Gulf of Mexico.

Mostly aluminum and anodized after machining.

Very few Stainless bodies.

Contact Parker-Hannifin

HYDRAULIC CARTRIDGE SYSTEMS

595 SCHELTER ROAD

LINCOLNSHIRE IL 60069

http://www.parker.co...RD&vgnextfmt=EN

Where would a good source be for the specs for SAE ports.

In particular, I am looking for SAE AS5202D

The cad files are excellent, but I am needing something with tolerances that can be used for inspection.

I am looking at the sae.org website, but it is very unclear what you are purchasing.

What you will purchase is the actual SAE spec, for this port in particular it will have a general drawing, and then a table for all the different dash numbers. They are all tolerance as well. Only problem I've had going through SAE is that once you order a spec from them, they will fill your mailbox with Spam until the end of time.

Parker has some very good info on their site for identify post type, but I have not found anything yet for inspection. I think it is available from sae.org, but it is very hard to tell what you are purchasing from them. They do not appear to give any preview of what you are buying. Look like they are geared up for large companies, and not into selling specific spec.

I would have thought these specs were published / open standards.

Parker has some very good info on their site for identify post type, but I have not found anything yet for inspection. I think it is available from sae.org, but it is very hard to tell what you are purchasing from them. They do not appear to give any preview of what you are buying. Look like they are geared up for large companies, and not into selling specific spec.

I would have thought these specs were published / open standards.

We do quite a bit of work for Parker. When I quote a job that I don't have a port spec for, they flat out refuse to provide it. They say I need to buy it from SAE. The SAE specs are legit, no problem with them at all, except they'll wring you for $70 for 2 pages. And like I said, spam city. In fact, I just got some spam from them this afternoon.