Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

facing toolpath stock not updating

JohnBoy13

Where is the operation arrow? I have done about 50 different parts with X7 in lathe with no real problems. Do you have update stock turned off in the operation? Made sure you have stock defined correctly in the stock setup to where it can face off material?

LatheStockUpdate_zpsfa7bcc50.png

FaceStockNotZero_zpsd6263eff.png

If still not working post up a sample file so we can help you see what is going on.

For what it's worth, I don't care for the facing option, I use roughing because it gives you more control. Use it just like you would

use it for an O.D. path, just change the "rough direction/angle" in the rough parameters. I don't think you will ever use the facing option again once you try it.