Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Roll over edges in constant scallop

Bill Cronkhite

I'm working in X6 just for information, but this has bugged me for some time now. Using constant scallop, you have 3 choices for edge roll, Automatically, Only between surfaces, and over all edges. for most things this is fine, but sometimes I need another choice - NONE. Right now I have a part that I cannot roll over any edges and it seems like no matter what I pick, at least one or two edges get rolled. I've figured out a work around, but it takes time and quite a bit more geometry as I end up creating draft surfaces .100 wide around all the exterior edges of all the surfaces. Is there something I'm missing or should I just continue creating the extra geometry and call it a wash.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Bill

As stated above a file helps

Just a suggestion, sometimes when I have had issues getting the exact control I want, I will created larger extended surfaces and use a containment.

This lets me run right up on the containment but no roll because of it

Rickster (and all), thats pretty much what I'm doing now. Works out ok. Most of the time I just let it do it's thing since the roll over doesn't do anything anyway, but sometimes li8ke this I just don't have the clearance and tool length to let it roll over. I was just hoping I'd missed somewhere that I could select none like in wire on roll around corners has a none setting.

Sorry, interupted post. I have to share this computer with everyone else for work orders and etc. PITA but you do your best with what you have. OK yes, the surfaces seem to work the best. I've had issues over the years with containment boundries so I tend to stay away from them, but I haven't tried them too much since going to 6. I'll give that a try also. Thanks for the help. Just might be something to look into in the next X.