Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports - Subreports

ToolMan184

I have been working on a setup sheet in active reports. I think I know the answer but want to make sure first. I have a sub report for operation info and a sub report for tool info. If I want to combine these into the same report I will have to create another report and add these two sub reports to it. Is this correct? I had first tried to add the tool info sub to the operation sub. But, that didn't work. I sent this in to support, but I know they are busy. Thought maybe some one here may be an active reports whiz.

Thanks,

Well with reports that are sub you have to decide how and where it is going to be called. Looking to the sample you can see some have 6 to 8 called on each one so really comes down to where and how you want to go about it. Make sure you have the correct main setup with the xml and then the subs should be called and everything should fall into place. I just try different things till I find what works no expert on them, but have done some simple modifications to them.

Yes, you are correct.

You have a main report which really doesn't have a lot of info in itselt, but it will have several calls for sub-reports to tack on operation lists, offsets, tool list, etc.

Open up the oem Setup Sheet (MILL).rpx and you can see the sub calls at the end. Open up those called subs, and you will see THEY actually call subs themselves. Example: You will see "TOOL" and "TOOLS". Both are subs themselves, but TOOL is a sub-sub of TOOLS. TOOL gets information about a single tool. TOOLS compiles said information from several tools.

Your on the right track. Use the stock one as a template and you can follow the logic.

hth