Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What am I doing wrong? Tool Manager X7 MU1

gms1

I'm not even sure how I can explain this its so bizarre. I have to be doing something wrong and Im just not seeing it.

I maintain one tool library for all my holders. I make separate libraries for different jobs that have assemblies and the tools I created. So during the day I may create a new holder in my master library of holders and drag and drop that holder into an assembly library for a new job and setup the assembly with the tool. Since MU1 I can't do this. It just will not let me click and hold a holder and drop it into a new library. The drag and drop is so fussy that I usually wait until the next day to create assemblies in my library. Yes it will actually let me drag and drop some of the holders the next day after I create them. WTF is causing this?

edit: Forgot to mention this library was started when X7 first came out. Could this be the problem?

• Like 1

I tested dragging and dropping holders from one database to another in X7-MU1 and it worked okay for me. I am in the habit of making sure I've explicitly selected the item I want to drag by clicking on it first rather than doing it in one motion so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I tried dropping the holder into the 'document' and onto the holders branch of the tree in the database explorer and both seemed to work okay.

edit: Forgot to mention this library was started when X7 first came out. Could this be the problem?

I doubt the database is going to be a problem but I'd be happy to take a look at your file if you want to send it over.

I'm not even sure how I can explain this its so bizarre. I have to be doing something wrong and Im just not seeing it.

I maintain one tool library for all my holders. I make separate libraries for different jobs that have assemblies and the tools I created. So during the day I may create a new holder in my master library of holders and drag and drop that holder into an assembly library for a new job and setup the assembly with the tool. Since MU1 I can't do this. It just will not let me click and hold a holder and drop it into a new library. The drag and drop is so fussy that I usually wait until the next day to create assemblies in my library. Yes it will actually let me drag and drop some of the holders the next day after I create them. WTF is causing this?

I have Found if I duplicate tools ( say two 21/64 drills ) I can NOT drag the later of the two tools . I just delet to last of the two tools and I can drag the other one fine , not sure why this is but it works for me .

I have Found if I duplicate tools ( say two 21/64 drills ) I can NOT drag the later of the two tools . I just delet to last of the two tools and I can drag the other one fine , not sure why this is but it works for me .

Interesting.... the problem I had today dragging and dropping was a holder that I had duplicated and then changed some parameters and renamed the holder. But heck there were quite a few tools I had created that were all unique and I couldn't get them to drag/drop until the next day.

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem here. This is my first time using the tool manager and I am using converted tool databases. The tool manager video shows just dragging and dropping from one database to another, but when I try it I get a circle with a slash through it.

**UPDATE**

So just after posting this I went back to the tool database to try again and now it works. Seems like you have to start the database and let it sit for a minute or so and then it works.