Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wireless network cameras

Bob W.

One project I have been working on lately is adding video cameras to my machines. I recently bought two D-Link Cloud Camera 5000s and they are really slick. These are wireless network cameras so the only cable required is the power cable as long as the shop has a wireless network which mine does. I can set these up and then deploy them in the shop wherever I want and they can monitor whatever I want them to monitor. They have pan and tilt capabilities so from my office computer I can have a look inside the machines to check status and direct the camera towards what I want to look at. I know this isn't anything new but some people might find it interesting and useful so I will update the progress as I go. The nice thing about these is I can add as many as I like and all I have to do it set it up while wired to the network, then unplug and deploy them to their locations. They are flexible in that if I want to move one I simply unplug the unit from the wall outlet, move it to where I want it, plug it in and it gets back in service within 30 seconds or so.

Ultimately these will go inside the machines and I'd love to hear how other shops have gone about protecting them or keeping the window or enclosure free of coolant and debris for a clean image.

These can also be set up to be monitored via the internet or smart phone but I'm not crazy about that idea due to security concerns.

• Like 2

Doing here too... we just got a large TOS HBM and there are some blind spots looking from the operator's cabin... the cameras are thus a safety measure to avoid unseen crashes...

Buying this kit:

http://loja.intelbra...-606-980.aspx/p

I still have to figure out how to protect it against coolant...

Our new VTL is going to arrive in 10 days... we ordered it with a camera kit already... They added a "Dome" model controlled by a joystick...

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

• Like 2

We have an 8 camera Lorex setup from Costco. It's sorta garbage.. The quality isn't good enough to read a license plate, and there's no motion detection - so it's impossible to find a particular event unless something actually changed in the field of vision. The remote viewing is pretty cool though. I can look at my phone and see who's at the front door, if there's a truck at the roll up door, etc.

Do any of you guys with the D-Link cameras have the motion activated video capture set up? I think I might pick a few of those up.

I played with it briefly just out of curiosity. I am mostly interested in viewing inside the machine so I don't have much use for the motion detection. I'd love to add one to the tool changers so I could see what tools are currently loaded in the machine while programming, etc.... I could see buying another 3-4 of these to monitor other areas of the shop though as well. I am pleased with these cameras and they record in the dark just as well as when the lights are on.