Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Oxygen Video Cards vs Gloria III

Rekd™

I am now on my 3rd Video Card; 3D Labs Oxygen VX1 32 Mb, from Gloria III 64Mb, from NVidia TNT2 Pro 64Mb, and I must say, the 3D Labs stuff is far and away the better performer for my system/usage. (Dell PIII 733, 264 Ram running Win2k).

Only one thing I've noticed; When working on a reletively small file with surfaces, If surfs are not shaded, and I turn shading on using the toolbar, it often eliminates the 'surface lines', and gives me only a wire frame. If I then do an ALT-S twice, it's shaded normally. Not a big deal, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they've found a fix.

All in all, I'm really happy with the 3D Labs card. (And the guy running ProE with my old Gloria III card is stoked, too!) biggrin.gif

Rekd

I am running an Oxygen GVX210 64mb card on Windows Pro2000 with 256 meg-ram and when I first updated the card I found the surface (display back) would not work correctly. My surfaces were in technicolor. I contacted 3D Labs and told them the problem and they quickly gave me a driver update specifically for a Mastercam setting. That was pretty cool. The same configuration runs Quake III like nothing you could imagine.