Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create Curve use edge

HevyMetl

I do all of my design work in Pro/E. I then translate iges into MC. I have the options of solid, or surface and wireframe. I have been using surface and wireframe, because I use the surface to drive my mill and wireframe to drive my wire. I would prefer to use the solid when I go to V9 next week, because of the automation MC has added. Has any one expierenced any problem with the egdes that MC generates on the solid. I design and build small component molds with many wire inserts within inserts so any variation in these curves could kill my fit.

And yes I know it is Sunday morning, but the completion dates keep getting shorter and shorter.

If the surfaces and edges that result from a Pro/E IGES file have been working for you, then the solids and edges that result from the import of the solid will work equally well, if not better, as you are eliminating one of the conversions (going from Pro/E -> IGES -> MasterCAM to Pro/E -> MasterCAM with v9).

If you want to assure yourself that the error (if any) is manageable, try importing an IGES the way you usually do, then import the solid directy from Pro/E format and inspect the result.

I would also look at my system tolerances for the system and the Minimum arc length, Curve chordal deviation, and maximum surface deviation are all set at for your operation. These directly relate to how tight all of the realte to the machining and also the models you import in to use. I would look at my stitching surfaces setting in the Solids configurations. Like I suggest before if all of the vaules are high it will not make a big model but will effect in my mind how tight your models are and any surfaces you create from said solids. I may be off track here but I have all of mine expect system toleracne set to .00005 and my system toleracne set to 8 places. I hope that gives you some help.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-06-2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]