Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

update cplane and tplane when changing graphics view

PROG_MAN_DO

here's what i found:

in this particular file I'm programming it has multiple named views, when I set my tplane and cplane to a named view in the WCS manager of course the top view works great, but when I select front view it doesn't recognize the view and the T/C Plane doesn't change. so I rotated the WCS from the original view, and created a new named front view and everything is good I did the same thing for the right side view etc. now when I select front view or right side view from the icon everything works fine. looks like a bug to me..

for whatever reason, update Cplane and Tplane when changing graphics view isn't working for me. I have the update box checked in CAD settings in my config file and it doesn't seem to have an effect. what am I doing wrong?

Not certain but when I have the boxes for update selected in the system config, then open file with multiple custom planes in as well Mcam's established planes the toolplane is being changed as it should when selecting the graphics view.

so I rotated the WCS from the original view,

If you change Mcam's World Coordinate System to something other than TOP, then No, the established graphics views will not update the toolplane, however your custom graphics views will update the tplane.

If you switch the WCS back to Mcam TOP then all the graphics views will update your tplanes when selected.