Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A little setup sheet help please

Eric Allen

Hi guys, I am having two small problems with this setup sheet I am creating with the active reports designer.

1. When I create the setup sheet for the attached file it has trouble outputting the tool holder correctly. It seems to intermittently stop at decimal places. Some holders will output the entire name, but in the attached file it stops at the first decimal. Is there some VB code to fix this?

2. This setup sheet is using too many files. I want there to be the "Setup Sheet (MILL)" file with a reference to the "-Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOL)" file called out at the bottom. I think it should be possible to take the information from "-Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOLS)" and "-Setup Sheet (MILL-FILE)" and keep it in the MILL file.

Thanks for any help.

ERIC.zip

Well maybe it will not be a problem, but I am trying to figure out why you hard coded some of the values on the 1st page?

Programmer and other things you have defined their vales in the boxes which means you will always get that output, verse pulling that information from the Mastercam file. I also recommend people rename the default stuff to the machine they want to do the setup sheets for from active reports. You are doing in for a MORI-NV so all the names where changed like so:

Setup Sheet (MORI-NV).rpx

-Setup Sheet (MORI-NV-FILE).rpx

-Setup Sheet (MORI-NV-TOOL).rpx

-Setup Sheet (MORI-NV-TOOLS).rpx

I then updated those names in your associated files. Now you still will have the default stuff and the templates based off of the machine you are making it for. That will then show up a choice when you go to do setup sheets if you have not taken the time to set them in the control definition like you are supposed to do. Doing that I was not getting anything to come out right. Do you have an idea of the layout you are looking for?

Thanks for taking the time to look at my code. I actually didn't hard code the programmer, customer and part number. I tried to come up with the longest possible name and put those in for the text. The data field is still set to PROGRAMMER, CUSTOMER, DESCRIPTION, and MACHINE.

I really only need one setup sheet for now. We have 30 of the Mori mills and that makes up most of what we program. We have other machines, but only have one or two of each. We also make our setup sheets in Solidworks so all I need from Mastercam is this glorified tool list. Every field is very important because we have been getting the same data from X+ for so long and our setup guys are used to it.

I now notice that I have another problem. The tools are not sorted and some tools are called twice.

Are there any companies that I can pay to fix this for me? I need to get this doing ASAP and I don't want to learn any more VB.

Thanks!