Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Backplot / Verify Screen size Increase

Newbeeee™

Well I've been playing more and more with the new uvbs, but the size of the graphics screen REALLY REALLY bugs me.

I want to have the 'move list' visible to see what's happening, but it uses up nearly 25% of the graphics area.

And Kenneth, you did say to continue making suggestions :D

Soooooooooooooo I was wondering, can we (please) have an option where we can leave the current screen on as is, or turn it off (as in 'full graphics screen mode') and the important data still shows at the bottom, where there is currently a lot of wasted space.

Like the attached.

I know different people will probably want to see different info, but the stuff that I feel important (tool/H/D No, Speed and Feed, Coolant, X/Y/Z/A co-ordinates) are all I'm really interested in.

Anyone got any thoughts?

:cheers:

post-16211-0-57119000-1389969177_thumb.jpg

TK - This is a 22" and no room at the inn for anything bigger, let alone a dual.

Ken - thanks for the reply. I guess I what I'm asking for is the info shown so when stepping through a drill cycle (for instance), the Z planes/steps can be double checked.

The move list has a load of info, but on the whole I'm only looking at XYZA. I added the speed and feed and coolant state, but to me this isn't really a necessity, THD matching and Z are the main things.

There is a lot of 'wasted' space on the bottom toolbar as there is just the two sliders (1x each side) and controls and there is enough room to display the 'important' tool info, saving nearly 25% of the screen.

That's where I'm coming from I guess.

Yes, I realise you can unpin the move list and make it re-appear with the mouse, but there is enough space to display the important data on the bottom toolbar anyway.

Moving the move list out of the way is great for a bigger screen, but doesn't give me what I want with the co-ordinate data.

It maybe me - I'm self taught...but a big un-cluttered interface is neater/simpler imo.

The old verify was simple, it just couldn't step back which was a right pita, so this is a huge step forward for big files.

I will look into other possible ways to display the information. We were talking about configurable options so that you only display the items you choose. If we could accomplish that and make the text transparent on the graphics window we may be able to accomplish your request. We will come up with something, just can't promise when.

I will look into other possible ways to display the information. We were talking about configurable options so that you only display the items you choose. If we could accomplish that and make the text transparent on the graphics window we may be able to accomplish your request. We will come up with something, just can't promise when.

Thanks again Kenneth,

NCPlot gives a configuration that can be displayed by the pointer which is nice.

We have

X#Y#Z#A#

T1H1D1

displayed when backplotting that works well for us.

That said, we are only looking at a line at a time when running - as it's backplotting the toolpath and only has a pointer.

Also, we have the whole program scrolling down the side of the screen as well - back to the initial question then!

For Mastercam, this (as NCPlot pointer info above) will probably/definately be in the way because we're looking at tool/holder as well as the part being cut.

Simple and cleanest is probably best, which takes my thinking back to as I paintshopped, because the space is available on the bottom bar IF it can be re-jigged.

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Edited for clarity