Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

undercut clearance bore helical mill

mayday

I'm using a 100mm indexible saw cutter to helical mill an undercut clearance dia in a bore. I'm using contour ramp. there is an option to make (pass at final depth) in the ramp parameters.

I also want to (make a pass at initial depth) no option for that frown.gif I tried circle mill,thread mill, helical mill. unless I missed somthing,does anyone know a way to do this? I can always add a contour pass but I'd rather do this in a single opp

Frist congrarts on the Senior memeber status. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Second you want to take a cut to create a cut like at Z0 then one at say Z-1.0. If so I dont think you can unless you do like a depth cut thing with 1.00 being the depth then having the hole depth goemotry like -1.001 so it will trick mastercam into doing a cut at z0 then a cut at Z-1.001 and I think you could do this with circle mill.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-08-2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]