Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

depths ignored

duckdogers

So you only want it to cut the -.3094 to -1.0 area I assume? It is cutting above that area and you are not wanting it to I assume? Not trying to be a wise person here, but a little more description of the problem would go a long way here. Simple thing make the surface you created shorter and problem solved. It might be a bug that is going above the -.3094, but again not sure since there was such little detail in your posting. Also might look to the direction on the surface parameter pages that will give you some lead in and lead out abilities on the cut and on the rough flowline parameters page click on the gap settings switch the motion to smooth, check Optimize cut order and then set your tangential line length to maybe .05 that will allow the tool to travel off of the part completing your toolpath past the edge. I have no real idea if that is your issue since you sya ignores, but are not giving more information.

bill,i did resolve dogleg issue by redrawing that surface.I don't understand how it worked because that is the only thing I did and it worked.As for the depth issue today I already have this part roughed down with a larger cutter to the -.3094 and are trying to go deeper with a smaller one.

For the previous issue, remodeling the surface allowed the dogleg rapid issue to go away because the original surface had a little bump/dip/cusp (something) in it that led to a little gap in the raw flowline pass along it. The gap led to a retract/plunge move which led to the smoothing spurious rapid bug (which led to the dogleg rapid gouge). Phew! The advice you got to change your gap size to keep the tool down in the gap was good advice. It avoids the smoothing bug on this part. But I'm worried the smoothing bug is still there lurking. Installing the hotfix (or reinstalling X7MU1) or keeping smoothing disabled will help (until X7MU2 or X8 is released and installed).

For this rough/flowline issue, you wish to (rough) machine between -0.30904 and -1.0 but you are getting cuts above -0.30904. If you uncheck the "allow positive..." and "allow negative..." Z motion along surface checkboxes and regen then the rough cuts are contained to your depth limits. It looks like the "positive" or "negative" Z motion along surface is not trimmed to the cut depth limits. Should it be? Well, that might be a good question. In this case, the Z motion along the surface happens to be "flat" (i.e. both positive and negative). Another work-around might be to add a check surface over the area you don't wish to cut.