Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 verify = add another button?

Newbeeee™

Rightly or wrongly, we have our verify to stop on tool changes. This works best for us.

So we can run through what we want but not over-shoot (yes I know we can back space but that doesn't put metal back on).

What would be a great help is another button on the run menu, that has 'run to end' all the way through the program (instead of 'run to end' running to the end of the tool.

This would save clicking up to the top menu and deselecting stop on tool change, and then (in our case) have to go back up and set it back to stop on tool change.

Just a thought.

:cheers:

Ken,

Personally speaking the > to next operation I would rather see as forward to next tool.

This would then negate the stop on toolchange setting, but this button could be changed to be a stop on operation setting instead in the stop conditions? It depends upon how everyone works really, but for us here this would be better.

With the 'stop on toolchange' setting off, then the run to end works as you say - with no motion. So it's a 'quick verify' which is ok for us.

If we need to see motion, we can use the play arrow and a combination of letting it run through or stop on toolchange.

Thanks

Del, I am not sure if there are enough people who change them often to justify that. Are there any stop conditions that you need that we don't provide? Are we missing any? If there were more items to choose from, then presets mike make more sense.

The stop conditions are fine. I was just trying to help with a solution for newbeeee that would allow to quickly switch between options. We have the ability to customize many toolbars within Mastercam and the latest version of verify allows us to save current settings to a config file. My thought was to have an additional option in the stop condition dropdown menu that says "save current settings to preset" and then a dialog box would come up where you would name the preset button. Once this is done the user can add the preset toggle button to the verify menu bar. I image that there would be an already existing preset toggle for having all stop conditions on.

I'm just thrilled that we can save our settings now and not have to turn on 5-axis every time we use verify. Anything past this major update is frosting on the cake. :laughing: