Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to edit Holders in library

FTI2007

Open up the Tool Manager can access it through Start/Mastercam X7. When it is open go to your assembly. Now do not be fooled nothing happened if when you click on your database and nothing seems to happen. Go to View and click Database explorer and then you should see your database. You can make this your default view by clicking on the Save Workspace in view, but must be running X7MU1 to see that. Click on your holder and then it will appear and to the right you will see the properties for the holder. In there is the Geometry and Holder Segments. There you will see a little button with decimal points in it. Click on that and then you will see the edit holder window pop up. Then click on the segment and edit like you want then close and you are good to go.

Yes be nice to right click on the holder and have the edit option. Been suggested and being reviewed at this time.

HTH

I also just copied the holder to make a simlar one but different length. The original I had made I had Standard in the description. The one I copied I wanted to change the lengths and make it a Stub holder. But the description does not change. Still says Standard.

No sorry been really busy was at a customers last night till Midnight helping them prove out and run parts. Started my day at 5am programming so have some catching up to do. I have 3 other items people have sent me to review and have not got to them either. I will do my best to see what I can come up with when I get a chance. Sorry for the delay.

FTI I did look at that yesterday, but when you created the .z2g you used the generic .tooldb and not the one it looked like you were creating to. In the Machine Properties make sure that is the .tooldb being used. I was able to go in and change the one you had. Also you can click on the holder in an operation and change them there as well inside of the Tool Manager. Trying to put together some screen shots and a video to show you how to go about the process.

Scotty Verify has not given me any troubles using any holder I have created.