Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cup usage on regen toolpath

Tim Pruett

I'm running X7 MU1 with a 64 bit dell precision T3500 and a Xeon processor. Whenever a highspeed toolpath is regenerating my task manager only shows about 16 to 17 percent cpu usage. While regenerating 3 toolpaths it uses 50% of the cpu. I have my memory buffering set to 90% and I have tried changing it to 50, 100, and 5% but the cup usage doesn't change. What can I do to speed up the regeneration times. It takes way to long to regen a toolpath (in my opinion). I did a search for this and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Thanks, Tim

Hard Drive RPM's factor in......this is someplace where a Solid State hard drive can shine

I would not run the buffering at anything over 70%

You are going to force your system to use your hard drive paging file as memory for running anything else which will slow the overall performance down...

I run a Xeon i the office and I'll be honest, I am not overly impressed with them

Thanks for the quick responses. Sounds like I'm as good as it's gonna get. I have 6 cores. I checked the setting in the multi-thread manager it was set to 4 so I changed it to 6. I didn't see a difference when regenerating a single toolpath or even 3 toolpaths, but I would think it will help if I select several toolpaths to regen. Thanks again, Tim