Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wire 4-axis problem

Tim Pruett

I put a file on the ftp site named 1401-37 cor side.mcx-6. Were trying to wire a tapered hole in a part using a 4-axis path that the wire actually crosses up inside the piece. were getting an error at the machine called "p1083 u v cir.err". Should we try it with just a 2d contour with taper or can this type of program even be ran. We are running it on a mitsubishi fa-20s. tia, Tim

I wrote a 2-d path using taper and didn't get any errors at the machine when we drew it in. Will this work?

Allan, I set it to 4axis taper and didn't get any errors. Dell I mirred the bottom arc and chained it starting at 180 deg and going counter clockwise then chained the top arc starting at 0 deg going counter clockwise. Will this work. It looks good in mastercam and draws in at the machine good as well.

Allan, I set it to 4axis taper and didn't get any errors. Dell I mirred the bottom arc and chained it starting at 180 deg and going counter clockwise then chained the top arc starting at 0 deg going counter clockwise. Will this work. It looks good in mastercam and draws in at the machine good as well.

Tim, I couldn't get the ftp file to open for me to look at it. try putting here and I will look at it.

I manually broke arc both top at bottom. The bottom at 180 degrees and the top at 0 degrees.

Make top and bottom arcs and thread point same color

4 axis wirepaths

have chain option set at ccw and select thread point and select geometry at 180 degrees

Change chain option to cw and chain geometry from 0 degrees. This will keep the wirepath inside the part

Use direct 4 axis and use sync by entity

It looked right to me.