Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Verify settings - Solid model

jeffl

I'm trying to find a setting that will allow the verify simulator to run faster when verifying against solid model. I have 2 computers with mastercam X7 and when using the same xml file for the simulator settings I get one computer that shows the model as smooth - post-1055-0-09557900-1395429171_thumb.png

...and one as choppy - post-1055-0-30758700-1395429161_thumb.png

The simulator with the choppy image runs about 10 times faster than the other and all settings that I can find are the same...

Backplot/Verify Options

curve tolerance: .001

STL tolerance: .001

post-1055-0-94148100-1395430358_thumb.png

...again same xml used file for both computer's simulator settings.

If I turn off the Collision checking in the smooth simulator, it goes just as fast as the choppy...

post-1055-0-80028400-1395429663_thumb.png

I tried using other config files with no luck.

There has to be another setting somewhere that I can't find?

All specs the same except for smooth has Quadro K2000 and choppy is AMD V4900. I also tried on a different computer with a Quadro FX3500 and got choppy results. A computer with Quadro 4000 has smooth results. Every time, choppy equated to the considerably faster verify. I cannot figure it out.

The 3 axis vs 5 axis engine was what was causing the graphics difference, but the slowdown was something else...

After doing more research I found that it came down to the tool. It makes a big difference depending on which tool I used. The tool that was causing a slowdown was created in the tool manager. It was a .125 bull end mill with a .25 shank. If i used a.125 bull end mill tool with a .125 shank all is good. I changed the parameters of my slow tool to .125 shank and got the faster verify. Why would the different shank size cause that much slow down? Anyone else find this?