Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Holders not showing up in paramaterHolders not showing up in Parameter’s page with surfaces

tline

When programming in X6 or X7 I can assign a specific tool holder to my cutting tool or even have the option to make one. But only if I am in a contour or pocketing routine 2-D machining. When I am surfacing something I don’t even have the option of bringing up a holder. Is this something that has to be turned on when you configure MasterCam

When programming in X6 or X7 I can assign a specific tool holder to my cutting tool or even have the option to make one. But only if I am in a contour or pocketing routine 2-D machining. When I am surfacing something I don’t even have the option of bringing up a holder. Is this something that has to be turned on when you configure MasterCam

Nope have not made it into those super very powerful toolpaths. Make a dummy contour toolpath and assign your holder. What I will do it ghost it and if I need to make changes to the stick out length then I can go back and change it there Regen and it will update all the operations that were using that holder. I hate to use a crescent wrench, but when the job has got to be done I have no problem pulling out a pipe wrench to take something apart.