Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deckel Maho post problem

Alan S

Milling variable depths with the same cutter does not work when I run the post for the Deckle Maho M/C. This problem did not occur on earlier versions of Mastercam but has never worked properly since getting V8.0

does anyone have suggestions or similar problem. The tool specifically does not retract to safety height or to jump height.

frown.gif

I have a DMU 50V evolution. The control is a Heidenhain but is a Mill plus control. Is that the same as a 430? I have a post that works ok except for any dynamic 5 axis motion. The reseller is working on that. Is the 70V a 5 axis machine? This one has a 45 degree angle on the "b" axis so it is a little different animal. does your post output accurate dynamic code?

Gary, small world man.

Still trying to solve the problem I e-mailed you with last week. Looks like bstall came up with the goods, so thanks for that bstall things are looking ok with the post files you sent, I will let you know more later.

Thanks also for your interest Hawkeye. Yes our 70v is 5 axis m/c. The post for this is ok (DMU70V)my problem was with the 4 axis m/c. with a 426 control.

smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I have only just come across this thread and hope maybe your experiences might help me.

We have numerous Mills including a Deckel Maho DMU125p and a DMU60T both of which I am having problems posting for (they have the TNC430 control). Currently I must break all helical interpolations into small line moves (e.g. multisurface/rough helix entry) and I like to utilise the arc filter in finish toolpaths when I can. Has anybody a post that can handle this? If so - is it available?

I can live with the post I have but it is a real pain having to program in two different fashions because I haven't a good post. Our other machines (e.g. Makino, Mazak, etc) have no troubles with plane shift or G2/G3 with a Z feed.

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Hi Markd

You have to use CP arc (PolarArc) not C arc (Cordian Arc) on your Heidenhain control. if you want to do helix cuts, Arc with a Z-ramp

21 LP PR+5, PA+24,809 R

22 CP IPA+180, IZ-,823 DR+ R F1000 M

23 CC X+0, Y+0,

24 LP PR+5, PA+204,809 R

25 CP IPA+180, IZ-,823 DR+ R F M

26 CC X+0, Y+0,

27 LP PR+5, PA+24,809 R

28 CP IPA+180, IZ-,824 DR+ R F M

29 CC X+0, Y+0,

But your post should do that any way, if not

let your dealer contact us. We have 5axis and 3axis Heidenhain posts for most Deckel/Maho machines.

Claus@Cimco

[This message has been edited by Claus@Cimco (edited 06-18-2001).]

Markd

Ive got the same problem.We post ISO only to the dekels DMU 50V and other M/Cs. The helical ramp thing is a real pain. Ive also had problems with linearize helix (see contour ramp problem post).

Im working on it and will let you know if I have any luck.Trying to get G12 G13 to work.

Has anyone got a working 3 axis ISO post for the TNC 426 control.We still cant post ISO canned drill & tap cycles.

Cheers

------------------

Greg Muirhead

Markd

Ive got the same problem.We post ISO only to the dekels DMU 50V and other M/Cs. The helical ramp thing is a real pain. Ive also had problems with linearize helix (see contour ramp problem post).

Im working on it and will let you know if I have any luck.Trying to get G12 G13 to work.

Has anyone got a working 3 axis ISO post for the TNC 426 control.We still cant post ISO canned drill & tap cycles.

Cheers

------------------

Greg Muirhead