Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill / Turn Tooling

We are in the process of getting a Doosan Mill / Turn machine. What BMT tooling is the best bang for the buck. Doosan is recommending Eppinger. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it good quality?

Are there any that use capto? Im having trouble finding any.

What other brands are good quality?

Thanks!!!

We have tons of Eppinger. Quality is pretty good but not a ton of variety compared to MD tooling but the eppinger are better quality imo. Also look at WTO, Planet, Alberti just to name a few but I think pricing is all pretty comparable. I would stick to one brand if possible because remember, these things need to be rebuilt so you will always need a backup of every type of holder to avoid down time. Also, I would immediate make a maintenance schedule w/ the serial numbers of all the holders so you can keep track of how many hours they have. Eppinger has been good about rebuilding and they warranty the re-builds.

Mike

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest MTB Technical Services

We are in the process of getting a Doosan Mill / Turn machine. What BMT tooling is the best bang for the buck. Doosan is recommending Eppinger. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it good quality?

Are there any that use capto? Im having trouble finding any.

What other brands are good quality?

Thanks!!!

My own personal preference is for MD Tooling.

http://www.mdtooling...acturers/doosan

They have a greater variety and offer simple ER collet setups.

Adjusting coolant nozzles is MUCH easier with MD Tooling.

The little buttons on the Eppingers are a PITA.

Keep in mind whichever you get, the lifecycle until they must be broken down and rebuilt is the same, 1000 Hrs.

Whichever you go with, remember to NEVER run them without coolant.

You'll burn up the grease pack and be ordering a new one in short order.

You owe it to yourself to also look at Sandvik.

They make a direct replacement turret for Doosan that uses Capto quick change tooling and live holders.

Even without the replacement turret, you can still get Capto quick change adapters for a BMT turret that support both turning and live tooling.

I did a run-off a couple of years ago with Sandvik that required Capto quick change adapters for a Doosan Puma 400MB.