Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pro/e users

Saultspics

We use pro/e for designing our 3D parts.But some of the part do not convert in to Master Cam with the pro/e converter they do not have all of the faces on the part.sometmes attempt to heal helps.

If this fails we have our engineer change the accuracy.

So my question is what do you have the accuracy set at? And do you have any tips on getting pro/e parts into MC.

We have MC v9.1 sp2 with solids but we are using sp1. sp2 will not convert pro/e part with fillets.

I have sent parts to MC to look at.

confused.gif

Thanks!

We also use proe for design, most of the time iges works very well to bring into mastercam, although now and then there will be a bad surface that won't trim, then I either re-create the bad fillet in mastercam or import the file into solidworks and read the solidworks file in directly. Being we work with small parts we usually set our proe accuracy to 1 tenth. Hope this helps.

Thank you for all the replies to my question. We have the pro/e converter or translator from Mastercam. We do not have solidworks to bring it through. Our parts can be small or up to 30 inches by 30 inches. We have our accuracy set at default .001 or .002, I am not sure which. Some of our parts can go up to 30-40 megs. Do we need to tighten up our accuracy? Also, Is anyone else using the pro-e converter from Mastercam? Thanks

ssaults,

If memory serves me correctly, in the knowlegde base of ptc's website it tells you particular setting for different config importing and exporting to other cad/cam systems, although I believe for mastercam it only gives setting for importing files into proe. We typically use absolute accuracy instead of the relative accuracy because we are usually using pro-mold, most of our parts are under a 1/2 inch so we usually start at .0001 absolute accuracy.