Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi axis help

I am new to multi axis and on a 30 day trial which ends in 3 days. I am having nothing but problems programming this part and was hoping that someone may be able to help out. I uploaded the file as a zip to go.

Problem is I roughed out the pockets then semi finished them to within .002" with a 1/2" ball nose using a waterline from one side and a parallel cuts from the other and the part is undercut on 6 of the 8 ports. So it all worked fine on the parallel cut using the leave .002 " on the surface and the .03" stepover. now if you take the parallel cut path and change it to leave .000 and take a .01 cut it only does the top 1/4" of the pocket then stops. can anyone please help I have been beating my head against the wall with this for 3 hours now.

Also if anyone has a better way or more simple way of doing this I'm all ears. my biggest concern is surface finish.

thanks

8 PORT DIE PROBELM.Z2G

Hey AsDesign - I took a quick look at your file, and it appears that you're selecting the whole tube for the drive surface, and then selecting the top, "cylinder" part as a check surface as well. So, what you're doing it is telling it "cut this whole thing, and don't gouge, but if you happen to touch this cylinder (which is part of what you're supposed to cut), then stop making a toolpath."

I reselected just the top manifold face for the check surface, changed the stock to leave to 0 and stepdown to .010 and it regenerated fine.