Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Axis Substitution Bug? Or something else

Guess_who

So a co-worker of my asked me to look into this. He is trying to do an axis substitution which he says he has done many times prior to MX7. But for some reason when he does this Mastercam X7 position the -B- axis 90 degrees off.

I do not normally use axis substitution, so I have no idea why this is off. I was wondering if someone out there can confirm that this is a bug or possibly that we may be using this wrong.

In my sample file I have two operations. The first is using Axis substitution, and if you post it, you can see that the -B- axis starts the cut at about 97 degrees.

The second operation, I used curve 5th axis. This is the method I would normally use. And when you post this one the -B- positions correctly at about B7. degrees to start the cut.

Note that we program our horizontals using the top plane as -B- zero, not the front plane. So this may not post out correctly your horizontal post.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Ray

29694_test_output.txt

29694_TEST_SUBMITT.MCX-7

Hey Ray,

Obviously I don't have your post, so I can't test the output with your exact settings, but I noticed that on your curve5axis, you have it rotating around the Y Axis (which is correct based on my understanding of your setup), but your Axis Sub toolpath is set to rotate around the X, which would shift everything by 90*...