Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Router

George_Gerhard

Well you looking to do wood,plastics,Ren_shape, or soemthing liek that wit ha router verse a horiztonal which will be a real milling machine I am sorry but wood router are for wood and hortiznal machine are for metal so comapreing them is nothing I can see be practical. I ran a 5 axis rotuer that was suppose to machine aluminum and brother I promise you this it may d oit but I can make a knee mill work faster than a router.

Crazy Millman

Jimmy

do you use compound angle aggregates?

I am also curious how do you offset the distance from the center of the aggregate to the tool tip?

Do you use the use_aol in the post?

I set up my customers post to output a line like this G18 G44 H82, or G19 G43 H82. This way they can input the horizontal offset at the machine, and not have to know the length in the programming dept. This is especially helpful if your machine has C axis. We sell machines to many high end door and window manufacturers. Where we use 1 or 2 aggregates and a horizontal router, with 360 deg rotation for deep lock mortise machining.

We use the compound angle aggregates obviously for drilling on angles, but for the door people they bevel the hinge side 4 degrees, so now the hinge must also be on a 4 deg angle. I was curious if you have used the tool angle and length in the aggregate c hook?

Do you know Wendell Long at Diversified equipment?

Depending on level of software and type of cutting to be done I use different methods.

If customer is only going to do "planar" cuts then you can use the machine offsets effectivly.

If the router cust wants to turn the agg while cutting then I can test the mov_ang and keep head perp to cut. You can use comp in computer to move center of rot away form part.

If cust wants to use head like a 4th axis they either need the curve5ax addon or router pro.

I will sometimes use the built in values from mp, but more often than not I will do the calcs myself cause of what I call a "moving target syndrome" of certain variables.

Yes, I know Wendall and diversified. That is all I will say about that.

CNC has been working on a post for them as far as I know. I have several posts for the northwoods, but I do not use the same post theories as CNC software alot of times.(ie, I dont use matrix to find angles, I prefer old method of x,y,z,u,v,w, vtoolx,vtooly,vtoolz) IF you are not already set in your ways like me I would suggest learning CNC's methods, as they can test their methods during the beta process and cant always test stuff they they did not write and dont have samples of. The "moving target syndrome" mentioned earlier is partly brought on by my reluctance to be assimulated.

Give me a call and I'll provide you with all the info I have on agg's and also will elaborate on the methods I use.

Send Roger Martin an email and he can provide the latest nci codes for aggregates and block drills.

They have took alot of the post work out on that stuff.

Jimmy