Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 - Export tool profile to level

Brian B 74

Have had this problem for awhile and it's getting a bit annoying.

When I use a standard ball nose endmill (say 1/8 dia w/ 1/4 shank) and I have to relieve the shank to clear a wall I export the tool profile to level 101. In the level manager Level 101 says it has 5 entities. If I turn off all the levels except level 101 I have nothing on my screen. QM colors says there are no colors on the screen. Stats says there are no entities. But the level manager says they are there.

The way I get them to appear is by changing the background color to white (I use black as a background) and click regenerate display list. Then the profile appears - in black. I can then change the color of the tool geometry and then change my background back to black.

Is there a setting somewhere to fix this? Or is this a bug? This is kind of a long process and am looking for a faster way.

Thanks!

yeah confirmed same result in McamX7,...

It looks like the geom gets created in black, if I change the background to color 15 white the geom shows up.

After further investigation I have discovered that if you are running the gradient background but the default color for the solid background is set to color zero, black, the geom will not show up.

However if you set the default color for the solid back ground to color #15, still using the gradient background when the tool profile geom is exported to the levels manager it will show up as color zero black.

I ran the same procedure in McamX8 and it creates the profile in the default color #9 blue for tool profiles

I ran across another solution for the geom being created in color 0 black when using the solid black background.

Let it create the geom on the level, save the file then reopen the same file and it will state that there is geom that matches the background and what color would you like to change it to, select the color and your back in business.