Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulation Lathe

MrFish

Not sure. I don't use it. To be honest, for anything other than a B axis Mill Turn/Multi Turret/Multi Spindle lathe, backplot does just fine over Machine Simulation or Vericut.

Might pay to check with your reseller.

:)

Not sure. I don't use it. To be honest, for anything other than a B axis Mill Turn/Multi Turret/Multi Spindle lathe, backplot does just fine over Machine Simulation or Vericut.

Might pay to check with your reseller.

:)

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. We are thinking it might be a good solution for checking for clearance issues when programming tricky parts with driven tools and Y axis movement. If modelled and setup correctly it in theory could pickup any potential crashes between the often overlooked areas of this type of programming. i.e. tools in the turret that aren't actually being verified to machine guards, chuck etc

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. We are thinking it might be a good solution for checking for clearance issues when programming tricky parts with driven tools and Y axis movement. If modelled and setup correctly it in theory could pickup any potential crashes between the often overlooked areas of this type of programming. i.e. tools in the turret that aren't actually being verified to machine guards, chuck etc

Yes, I know what you mean. For C and Y axis though, simply modelling the jaws and tool holder should suffice. In all honesty, with all the C and Y axis lathes I have programmed, I've never had to go further than backplot. That, and once you have programmed a few jobs you get a good feel for it anyway :)

I was going to say that you have Vericut for checking anything tricky anyway, but I clicked that your setup doesn't allow an additional machine :(

Yes, I know what you mean. For C and Y axis though, simply modelling the jaws and tool holder should suffice. In all honesty, with all the C and Y axis lathes I have programmed, I've never had to go further than backplot. That, and once you have programmed a few jobs you get a good feel for it anyway :)

I was going to say that you have Vericut for checking anything tricky anyway, but I clicked that your setup doesn't allow an additional machine :(

Yeah exactly, but we wouldn't have Vericut at all if we hadn't gone the limited version. Was almost half price :guitar: