Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Swapping alt and shift keys for rotating?

rad_rob

So I have my middle mouse button set to 'pan'. Before, when I wanted to rotate my view, I would just hit 'alt' and use the middle mouse wheel to rotate. However, on X8, alt does not work. It is now the shift ket. I know this isn't a super big deal, but I have gotten so used to it the other way. Is there any way to change this back to using the alt key? I have searched all over on here, and unless I was typing in the wrong terms, I couldn't find an answer. Hopefully its an easy fix. Thanks guys!

Bummer, Ill just get used to the shift key then. haha. Thanks for looking into it!

A lot of the engineers here use those 3d mouses, so I think it may be time for me to finally look into it. 

The only problem you will have with the 3D connexion is the bruising caused by kicking yourself for not getting one sooner.

Thanks for the info on this and the video. I ordered mine up this morning and should be here in the next couple days. Pretty stoked to give this a shot. 

You aint gonna regret it.   It will take a day or so to get used to it, then you will never be without one again. 

• Like 1

I can help with that.   

Go into settings, then click configuration.   On the tree at the left of the pop up box click colors.  Then in the new box click Gradient background end color, change the color and then Gradient background start color and change to a different color. 

I can help with that.   

Go into settings, then click configuration.   On the tree at the left of the pop up box click colors.  Then in the new box click Gradient background end color, change the color and then Gradient background start color and change to a different color. 

I believe he's talking about the "app look" -- changing the overall theme of MCX8.

Rad_Rob, if you're on the other forum, heres the link to the how-to:

http://forum.mastercam.com/Topic1544.aspx